Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Machine... Sorta...?

Just yesterday night, the night before my politics exam, my Macbook's hard-drive died on me. At first I was devastated to see the "white screen of death" up-close and in person, until something brilliant happened. In the middle of the night, I had to use my long forgotten PC and make an appointment for see a Mac Genius at the GeniusBar. When I got there the next day, I was surrounded by hordes of people lining up to get iPads after iPads, then iMacs after iMacs. Was I jealous? Hell yea! (Not for the iPads though, but that they have money to not buy one, but in a lot of cases, two iPads!)

It was a long wait before I got to the counter. That was when they told my my iCare was just over! I was ready to faint until the nice man behind the counter told me that he would make an exception for me, How nice! I was prepared to leave my precious Macbook behind for a day or two, until more good news! The Genius told me that he would just grab a hard-drive from the back and change it right away. So he went behind the store, and I was just about to remind him that he left my Macbook on the counter, until I realized he was going to change it right then and there infront of me! So after two screws (as in those metal things u assemble things with, get ur minds out of the gutter! I wasn't that grateful!) my Macbook was ready to go! Notice how I used so many exclamation marks at the end of my sentences? I was really excited. 

As me and my hubby headed home, I was joking to him how, oh, my hard-drive was so old, they probably didn't have the OS I had installed on there. All jokes and games until... I turned on my hard-drive. I saw the dock and I soon realized that I actually got an upgrade to my operating system for free! I guess my hard-drive really was old. Mind you, it was only Leopard, and not Snow Leopard, but you have to keep in mind that my OS was the Tiger OS and I was already one and a half (half being what i considered Snow Leopard to be) behind. Plus, Lion is about to come out soon, so I was really out of the loop. Nonetheless I was happy. What a brilliant and bright day.

On the side note, what I really wanted to share today was this new user I found on deviant art, with the most brilliant wallpapers. I have to say, I'm really picky about what wallpaper I use, but these wallpapers however took my breath away. Simple and Clean, yet nicely designed just like how they're supposed to be. I'm also going to try out their icons. I have my eye on the wooden crate looking ones. Go check them out: Pixartica. Awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment