Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ridiculous

I feel like I should have a picture of me pointing to the title of this post, and just end this entry at that. Because really, it's just that: ridiculous. I don't know where the time went, or how I ended up feeling like I was literally tossed into the month on June, and now facing the end of it! The question that kept popping up while I was prepping myself to write this entry was, "What on earth have I been doing this month?" The only thing that came to mind was the huge project I currently took on, but being the ever guilty multi-tasker, I know it couldn't have been just that. So that is why I am blaming my seemingly lack of events on amnesia.

This new branding project has been taking a toll on me, not because it's been particularly hard, nor is my new boss demanding, but rather it is because of my withdrawal symptoms. For those of you that know me, drinking coffee takes up around 90% of my life, if not more. The first half of the month I was convinced I no longer needed coffee, while the second half of the month I spent all my energy convincing myself that I deserved a break from not drinking coffee. That was probably where all my time went, contemplating whether or not to have coffee, then justifying to myself why it was no big deal to drink a cup or four when I finally caved in. Other than my struggle with the on again and off again caffeine addiction, the project is going great.

Another interesting event though, is that today is me and my lovely boyfriend's three years minus one month anniversary. Yes, I know it's ridiculous. I hope he doesn't read this entry or the surprise will be ruined, but here's a little something I made for this amazing person in my life :) Honestly, the constant in my life that makes it bearable. I don't know who else can tolerate me and my craziness.





This card is drawn on a regular white piece of paper, with pen and colour pencils.
Giraffe with a detachable envelope with handwritten letter.
Underneath: a heart-shaped window with hidden message :)

Besides cards, I seldom get to draw anything with a pen or pencil nowadays, other than the random sketch of concepts here and there. Since I've discovered my love of digital artwork, colouring something stroke by stroke just seems really tedious and I have now fallen into a fear of making mistakes that I can not correct with a click of the mouse. So if I ever make a card for you, you know you're special. Plus, handwritten letters are so underrated nowadays...

Taking a picture of this card has also got me to notice that I rarely use my camera now. Despite how I kept thinking to myself that I would take it on "artistic excursions" that would result in beautiful photography, I have not even taken the camera out of my house since the last fashion photoshoot. The easily accessible card reader that is now built into my computer does nothing to ease my guilt either.

Maybe I have a thing against cameras. I bought my Diana F+ with me on my trip the past week, and the only picture I took of it was of me making a silly face before I got into the car prior to departure. Epic Fail. I didn't even realize I left it in my boyfriend's car after the trip until he brought it up. What comes after 'epic fail'?

This is me attempting to update my blog. I apologize if this post made no sense to anyone but myself; or even myself, after I read this a couple days later. I feel completely groggy and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton then was used as a punching bag by a four year old. However, after reading my dear writer friend's blog, the realization, then guilt of not updating my blog finally caught up to me.

Ok this is it, other than, spot the amount of times I've used the word 'guilt' in this entry. This may call for a change of the title for this post. Haha... working titles...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment