Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Those Cultural Things and Photoshop

Man, reading other people's blogs have been depressing lately. I mean everyone seems so intertwined with the things happening around them, and doing culturally acceptable things (aka not lounging around and doing nothing). 

A hobby I've been considering is painting. I've done tons of it ever since I was little since I was an art freak and all, but I guess I was just never freaky enough. It would sound so.. I don't know, just something, if I were to come on here one day and just say I was working on a painting. However, I think I've spent more time thinking about painting than actually painting. The whole thing just seems too messy. I rather shop. 

I've been so wrapped up with what technology can do, even cutting something seems too messy. In Photoshop, you can always just crop something, or Command+ Z something. The thought of even picking up a pair of scissors, and the possibility of cutting a jagged line sends shivers up and down my spine. What would I do then, if I were to cut something wrong? Where is that undo function? 

The use of Photoshop has been so engrained in my head that I would spend hours thinking of all the things I can do with it, if only it applied to real life. Not only would I have the undo function (plus the redo function if I change my mind again afterwards), but oh, the possibilities! Airbrushing my skin to perfection: never having to worry about that zit in the middle of your forehead. Or the setbacks of being an insomniac. What about that slightly crooked nose, or unaligned teeth? I'd liquify and warp it all away! And that hair colour that I want and never seem to stick? And those abs I've been eyeing on that fitness model? Just typing it out now is making me excited from all the possibilities! 

If only... 

No comments:

Post a Comment