Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Don't Get it!

Say Cheee....What?

As you can all see from the title of my blog... I am downright puzzled. About what?

Well to start from the beginning, I was browsing Facebook like any other day, and I stumbled onto Jon from TechWaffle's status update about not liking Symbian. So I thought, "Oh, that's interesting, let me google it!" I have had a Nokia in the past, and I was just curious as to what it is. At first I thought it was pretty interesting, and their homepage was nicely designed, I love the whole combining real life photography/videos with illustration thing. However,  when I started to watch Nokia's promotional videos as well as some reviews on the N8, I got somewhat confused, and I just hd to share my confusion or maybe someone can tell me if I'm missing a major point here.

First of all, one of the first things I saw being reviewed was the ability to change the wallpaper to any photos you like or have on your phone. Self explanatory, but HUH?! How on earth is that an innovation, so much that they even have to review it? Is it not, by this day an age expected  that you can change your wallpaper? Second of all, when they talked about the customizable homescreen, they were saying it like WOW CUSTOMIZABLE HOMESCREEN NOW AVAILABLE! Have people stuck their head in a hole and not come out in a while, because this is not really considered an innovation, at least I would not think so. As well, the whole wow-factor of widgets, and how the reviewer just said that users are no longer able to just add widgets, they can now rearrange it!!!

Although, to give it a benefit of a doubt, I did stop watching the YouTube review after around three minutes, but if there is anyone out there that actually watched the whole thing, maybe you can prove me wrong by telling me there was something actually interesting to watch.

The only thing I thought was interesting, was the ability for transparency amongst their "layers" and how different applications can appear on the screen at the same time, even through conference calls. But then again, why would you (not on a testing its limits sense) use video conferencing, watch a soccer game, and want your music playlist visible at the same time?

Seriously...

Oh, and on a sidenote, if anyone wants to actually watch the review I was referencing to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNsraQS3Ig4&feature=channel

No comments:

Post a Comment