Sunday, January 3, 2010

When Good Things Turn into Bad Things

I'm upset so I'll keep this post short. My tank of goldfish contained four goldfish: Peelee (named after my sister's nickname), Bobette, Eric Junior Marshmallow Version II, and Orangina. They are all Orandas because in my opinion they are the cutest fish I can ever own. They wobble about and make me happy. The current is a little to strong for Ranchus, or else I would own those because they wobble even more. The equation here is: More wobble= More happiness.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end.

Oragina died when I first introduced plants into the tank. It ate too much of the plants and died.. Plants are supposed to help aren't they?!

Today, a tragic thing happened. As I was in the other room, my sister came in yelling that Peelee got caught in the filter. This was unfortunately not the first time, but the first time, rescuing it had been a breeze, as though it was never stuck to begin with. This time however, Peelee's tail got caught in a bad way, and part of her tail is now gone. It was bleeding, and now can not keep its balance and keeps tilting on the side that was injured.

This is very upsetting, and I feel bad for blaming the fish, but no other fish had this problem, why must it start now?!

I now put the injured goldfish in a smaller tank/bucket, with a less amount of water and air pump. It better get well soon, or I'll be realllyyy upset with it!


Here is Peelee in the little bucket I gave it to recover. =( Wish her well!

1 comment: