Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Day of Gaming.

Today, I woke up later than usual: after 12pm. It felt awfully late in my opinion, and I'm sort've not proud of waking up that late. However, when I woke up, it dawned on me that I had absolutely nothing planned for that day. So I called to check up on baby to see how he was doing, and then just laid there in bed.

So I decided to eat brunch, composed of miso soup and udon. Then I needed to have something else to nibble on so I made so spicy fries from McCain. Yummmm!
So after brunch, I decided to take baby's advice and play more on the PS3. I was exploring a bit, and downloaded a bunch of free stuff. Who can reject free stuff right? I finally tried connecting the PSP via the usb cable. Connected it and everything, so I thought, might as well "juice up" the PSP a bit hahaha I wanted to use a matching theme for both the psp and the ps3 =D I wanted to surprise sommmeeonnne heehehehehe. I feel really silly now, but here is a picture of the current psp theme. I hope you love it baby! LOL!

 The awesome Loco Roco2 theme on the psp!

I played a bunch of games today, some of which includes:

Fairytale Wars: Surprisingly bloody! The graphics are really cute, and is sooo deceiving as to what the game is before you actually play it. One would think it is a kiddy game, with cute characters running around. In fact, it is the bloodiest demo I downloaded today. The demo only comes in one level called "The White Room," which describes the level perfectly. It is all white, which further emphasizes the bloodiness of the overall game. Your mission is within the allotted time, kill as many cute creatures with deadly weapons coming your way. The chainsaw so far is my favorite weapon. This is a great stress and time killing game.
 Quite bloody no? Although the blood does look an awful lot like plasticine ketchup


The Fat Princess: Another cutesy-game I downloaded today. This reminded me of an old-school game on the Playstation called team buddies. It's like capture the flag, except, the flag is replaced by a princess, in whom you can feed cake to until she becomes extremely fat. That way, it takes more people to carry her out of your castle's dungeon. You can upgrade and obtain different occupations such as archers, magicians, these people with axes, as well as medics (in medival terms). It is quite an amusing game. Online play is rather amusing as well, and is the more favored mode to the play in, as not only is it multiplayer friendly, but interactive with those whom are addicted to the game as well. The line that amused me the most when I was prompted to change teams, suggesting that it is possible if the team sucked. Another amazing feature is the ability to vote during the intermission between games, allowing players to chose which map they would rather play on for the next round. This is a recommended game for those casual gamers out there who wants to interact with other players online and just have a good time. 
The startoff came map/ interface.
An overfed princess in all her glory.

Dirt 2: A rally race game that consists of: you know it, dirt. A dirty game with tons of driving and customization. An actual racing game that I fell in love with, despite the limited qualities of it being a demo. The views from first person (both views of just the road, as well as a bonus view of your dashboard with a customizable hula girl), to third person (seeing the wreckage your car has turned into), is truly amazing I find. The controls were not what I expected however, and took a while to figure out, and despite that, I still constantly accidentally pressed  the instant reply button, which did not amuse me because it reminded me of my constant failure to turn the curves perfectly. But I guess to blame, was my bad controlling of the car, by the end of two laps, my bumper already came off my car. Other than that, this is a worthwhile game to play, especially for those who love racing games and love customization even more.


Bayonetta: I first played this demo at the Sony store at the mall. Thinking there was more to the demo, I decided to download it for another run. The game play was as straight forward, yet innovative as I remembered. The introduction was even done with great innovation, with clear controls on the side for you to try out with "dummies" that spawns over and over again for you to try out different moves. The game environment reminded me a lot of that in Final Fantasy, with bosses that reminded me of those in God of War III in terms of both moves and size (which at many case is ginormous!). The main character however, is not the kind of sexy I would've preferred, and reminded me more of a librarian with gunstrapped legs more than anything. The witch hunter I faced, I thought would've been a much sexier main character with Princess Leia hair that was in the shade of really pale blonde, and a really rather sexy voice. The game play was good despite this criticism. My favorite part of the demo was challenging another witch hunter, and walking on the walls, ceiling... and... you start losing track of which way truly is "up." The demo made me wanting more, a came I would definitely consider buying.
The main character flying like a butterfly
The Sexy Librarian strapped with huge guns

Okay, so that was about my day, and of course, Call of Duty, but then again, its awesome-ness needs no explanation. More on my non-fashion centered days later!

No comments:

Post a Comment