Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The weekend

So finally the break has started, and I am already officially bored. I borrowed baby's PS3 so I wouldn't be so bored, so I played Little Big Planet and Call of Duty. Then I got motion sickness and quit. It's starting to become a looonnnggg day, then looonnnggg week. This is why I decided to backtrack, and reminisce back to the weekend.

Saturday:
Couldn't sleep much lately, since I have insomnia, so I decided to try to sleep in. Took a long hot shower, and then baby broke out the good news (sarcastic) to me, that I had a major spelling mistake on one of my blogs, so I rushed to go fix it.

After the blog ordeal we decided it was too much work already for a weekend's day, so  we decided to go grab brunch. For once, we went to a new place called Cafe Peninsula. 

For those who live in the GTA, it is located in one of the many corners of First Markham place. It is tucked away in its little corner beside the Firefly Restaurant. It is a great little place, I'm surprised I never noticed it before. The price was relatively inexpensive, but the food was awesome. I had Grouper Fried Fillet with Terriyaki Sauce on Rice, and baby had Cutlet Pork Chop with Egg on Rice. Together, we shared Fried Squid Balls. The food overall was amazing! I can't emphasize it enough! The food came in Taiwanese style metal containers.

The ceiling of the cafe. The interior was quite nice for a cafe to be honest.

More of the interior, the seating area.

The Coca-Cola stand that reminded me of the weekend at Niagara Falls.
Here's the comparison. =) (Sorry got a bit sidetracked)

Here's the meal that I had, the fish with the terryiaki sauce.

The pork chops that baby had, looked yummy.

Almost forgot! We got free dessert with the meal! We were pleased we got dessert, but disappointed that it didn't taste very good, or rather, the lack of taste. It was a crepe-like thing with some kind of jam.

Overall, the food was awesome, I would definitely recommend this place for those who would like to grab a meal but looking for something out of the ordinary.

Tomorrow I will continue the review of my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment