Sunday, April 11, 2010

End to the Year

I thought my work would've taken longer than it would. But since it didn't I would like to share the great news with all you out there, that I am officially done for this school year! By done, I mean digital design wise, but I still think its a start to the end.

So, since I'm officially done, I would like to share with you all three new additions to my portfolio. This project is based on three images, each of a different theme. We are given a certain predetermined phrase, and from that phrase, we are to create an image based on our interpretation.

1) Alternative Energy- Since the green movement, society has a larger concern over environmental matters, and our Fashion program always tries to do what we can to promote this. This theme was sort've expected, I think.


2) Abstract Expressionism- Another term that I expected, or something along the lines of art movements and such. Besides the brutal fashion history courses, we also focus on art history and their influences on different aspects of society, which explains this theme.



3) Nobel Savage- To be quite honest, I had to Wikipedia this. I'm still not sure whether there are more than one definition to this phrase, but with my image, I tried to portray the corruption of innocence by the "culturing" of society. How society tries to make its people noble, when in fact, it is merely the corruption of the natural innocence.



I would like to warn everyone however, because these are converted to jpeg images, the colouring is a bit off... yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment